Advertisements

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Affected or not affected from Petrol Price Increase

Oh dear, after the hike of petrol price, my little Toyota Avanza had clocked 26 cents per KM. With such small CC (1300 CC), it has consumed much petrol than expected. Luckily, we have got a champion in petrol-friendly cars - a brand new Honda City iDSI model. After my much careful calculation, my Avanza is consuming about 26 cents while this new Honda City is only 16 cents per KM. He is a champion in 1500 CC category (and probably champion in 1000++CC category too ?). Damn petrol saving car. Every month, I am paying near to RM400 for my car petrol when the petrol priced at RM1.92. And now I will have to pay 40% more that is probably close to RM560 monthly. So, what I am doing now is to half-retiring my Avanza and choose to use that Honda City more frequently as my Avanza is consuming about 18 cents per KM before and now I am paying 16 cents for the new Honda City. As a conclusion, petrol saving car like Honda City iDSI model (16 cents), Toyota Vios (18-19 cents), Perodua Viva (15-16 cents) and new Proton Saga (17-18 cents) will be favourite to people. Those big CC Korean cars like Nazas and Hyundais will have to think of a way to save petrol. A most recommended way is to fix Natural Gas tank. It is ranging from RM1000 to RM9000 I heard. However, it is very short of stock right now and there are two critical problems to solve: 1. A full tank of gas is sufficient to go for about 80-100KM (though it is cheap, probably RM9 per tank). 2. Only very limited Petrol station has the Natural Gas available.

No comments: